Almost 39 weeks!

I haven't posted in a few weeks, so I thought I'd just give you all a quick update.  As of today we're 38.5 weeks pregnant, giving me only 11 days until our official due date.  I'm almost 2 centimeters dilated and 70% effaced, but she's comfy and doesn't want to hang out quite yet.  I've been having contractions every day, but nothing at all regular and they're completely bearable, it's just the back ones that I don't enjoy at all.  

We recently switched doctors offices, and by recent, I mean that we've only been to this new office for 2 weeks.  The reason we switched is because there was only 1 doc at the last office that we liked, and we didn't like him a ton, just better than the other docs.  At our appt. 3 weeks ago we gave him our birth plan, and he scoffed at it and said he'd rather tear it up then read it, but, reluctantly he read it.  That got me pretty down and then he had some criticism about every thing on our birth plan.  He had some good things to say about it, but for the most part it was all mean, and it was not at all what either of us were anticipating.  It hurt my feelings, but it made Matt pretty upset.  When I was first pregnant I had looked into the other doctors office because my friend recommended it, but they didn't take our insurance, so we went to the first doctors office.  Now they take our insurance, and they have midwives that deliver babies, and the midwife that we're seeing goes to our church.  We had our second appt. this morning and we gave her our birth plan.  She had one or two things for us to change/think about, but other than that she was very nice about it.  Both Matthew and I were very pleased with how the appt. went!  

I don't really have any new photos, so I'm showing some of my favs of us through the years.

    Our first Giants game together while we were dating Summer 2006!!

A trip to the Monterey Bay Aquarium 
after getting engaged Summer 2007!!

Our Wedding 12.29.2007!!

Our Maternity Picture January 2011!!

Love,
Annalisa

Comments

Popular Posts