Show & Tell Monday (on Thursday)

Today I'm linking up with Becky at From Mrs. to Mama to do her new weekly link up called Show &  Tell.  


So, here you go:

1.  If you were searching for a home now, tell me what would be on your "MUST" list


My all time favorite type of home is craftsman style.  I love the architectural details, and the straight lines, so a craftsman style home is a must for me...if I'm going to invest money in to buying a home, I want it to be what I want, or at least be able to become what I want.  I'm not a "starter home" type of person, my parents have lived in the same home for 37 years, and I want to be able to do that!!  Not only do I want craftsman, but I would LOVE for it to have a big front porch!  A big backyard is required, as well (our current place has a very good one), a pool would be appreciated and my husband wants a man cave.  A master bath would be nice too!!
I absolutely LOVE this!  I like older homes, and I don't want something new.

details like this

and this.

2. Show me your favorite room in a home {either your home, or any home, i.e. kitchen}.

Kitchens are my favorite place to be, and I would want one that I would be forever proud of!  Country sink, white subway tile, stainless steel appliances and cabinet pulls...lovely!

3.  If you could have any room redone, tell me which one would it be and what would you like done?

Since we rent our home, we can't really do a whole lot of changes to it, but I would love to expand the kitchen and living room out in to the driveway.  Since we're on the corner lot, we have enough parking with the rest of the driveway and on the side and front of the house that it would make so much sense.  The way our house is laid out, it would be perfect to expand it out, and then we'd be able to make the kitchen much more useable and the living room bigger.

4.  Tell me where your favorite stores are to shop for home decor.

since we're on such a tight budget, I'm not able to shop for home decor, but oh how I wish I could!  I would choose places like Ross, TJ Maxx, and Marshalls to do the majority of it, but you can't forget IKEA....because it's one of the happiest places on earth (Disneyland is first).

5.  Show me your dream home {it can be your home, if you already have your dream home}
There's a house in either Monterey or Pacific Grove that I absolutely love! It's a one story, craftsman style, on the ocean and absolutely amazing!  I tried to stalk and find a picture on zillow or google , but could not find it. It's pretty huge for a one story and absolutely gorgeous!  But being on the coast and how gorgeous it is, I will never get it :(.

Go check out her blog, and link up with the next one on Monday!!  But come back here to check out what I say!
Also, Becky's having an awesome giveaway on her blog to celebrate getting 2000+ readers!!



Comments

Popular Posts