Tuesday Tutorial: Penant Flag Banner

OH my goodness, this is my first tutorial since either November or the beginning of December.  I didn't completely finish it how I wanted to, but it was getting dark out.

I made a penant flag banner without using a machine to cut the flags so you all can see how easy it is to do without a fancy die cutter (not as easy, but easy).


I'm going to go back maybe tomorrow or this weekend and put "Happy St. Patty's Day" on the flags, so I made the amount I'll need for that.

What you'll need:


Yarn
12x12 Scrapbook Paper
Scissors
Ruler
Paper Cutter (optional)
Pencil
Hole Punch (not pictured)
Ribbon (optional)

Let's get started!

Start by dividing the paper in half by drawing a line at the six inch mark.

On one side use your ruler and make marks at the edge of the paper at 4", and 8" so you have 2 marks, repeat on the other side.

Next, draw a line from the top right corner to the first mark on the bottom of the page, then draw a line from the first notch on the top right side to the second notch on the bottom, repeat with the final top notch.  Turn the paper over and repeat.

Cut out the flags on the lines, you will have a little excess on the sides of the paper.

Take the hole punch and punch holes on either side of the top of each flag.

Run the yarn from the front to the back and out to the front again stringing the flags in your desired pattern.

Hang up your flags somewhere in your house, and stand back while you gaze at the awesomeness!!
Check back this week for a picture of the completely finished product!

Tomorrow I will be posting about Brooklynne's First Birthday Party, you won't want to miss it!!

Comments

Popular Posts