Show and Tell: When I was 17

I'm linking up with Becky again this morning for her show and tell link up: 


1. When you were 17, tell us what kind of car you drove, where you worked, and what you were usually up to on the weekends. 

When I was 17 I drove a mini van...yes a mini van.  My dad was a missionary and my mom, a stay at home mom, so people gave my family their old cars when they were getting new ones.  It was very kind, and it was a car...so I didn't mind. 
This is basically the car I drove.  I, however totaled it my senior year of high school and was made fun of for a long time for it....I also had panic attacks any time I saw a car accident for a good 3 years after the accident, it was pretty rough!  

Job...I was 17 most of senior year which is when I worked at A Sweet Affair Bakery...oh my goodness, so tasty!  They had the best sandwiches and bread and baked goods.  There was a lot of "ooopps, I dropped a cookie on a plate and it broke, I guess I'll have to eat it."  That was 10 years ago and I still get cravings for their sandwiches!!

Weekends....hmm, I don't think I did a lot.  I definitely didn't do a lot of homework.  I had church on Sundays, but I cant remember what I did on weekends, which makes me feel very old.


2. Show us a picture of you when you were 17 {roughly}.


I think this is somewhere around 17, or maybe 18, I'm not sure...but this is the best I could find.  This is also the Christmas where my brother had his wife use the leftover hair dye from highlighting her hair to do his...his blonde hair was changed to yellow...super crazy looking. 

3. When you were 17, tell us what you wanted to be when you "grew up."

When I was 17 I wanted to be a chef so badly!  I also wanted to be a mom, but I've wanted to be a mom most of my life...yay for that!

4. When you were 17, tell us the kind of boys that you dated. Did you have a type? Do you have a relationship you remember well? Tell us about it.


I didn't have a boyfriend at 17, and I don't remember who I liked at that time, it changed a lot in high school. I liked the quieter guys, and I was always attracted to brown haired boys...hmm.  Matt, my husband, was my first boyfriend at 21.

5. When you were 17, tell us where you pictured your life 10 years from then. Did it turn out the way you expected it to?


I was hoping that I would be married and either working in a restaurant or as a personal chef.  The first part happened, I am married, and I am a personal chef for my husband and daughter, and that's how I like it!!  I wouldn't have it any other way!

Did you link up today with Becky, let me know if you did!


Comments

  1. Thanks for commenting on my blog! Glad to know I wasn't the only bad teenage drive. :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts