Our Weekend Update {8}

Our weekend started with me working on Friday night, which ended up being an okay shift, I'm just struggling a bit to learn all the new things that they're doing when I'm still used to doing everything the old way.  Saturday, Brooklynne and I ran errands and then my parents came over which was very nice.  I made dinner (bruschetta, pot roast, baked potatoes, asparagus and chocolate mousse), and it was so great just to hang out with them!
Avocados were on sale so I bought some to give to Brooklynne because I've been told they are good food to give to babies.  She absolutely loved them!  Saturday night as Matt and I were about to go to bed (around 11:30) she started crying, and had my parents not been there I would have let her cry for a bit to see if she'd go back to sleep, but I didn't want her to wake them up.  Matt went in to check on her and reached in her crib for her paci and stuck his hand in a pile of vomit, she had thrown up all her dinner (avocados make me sick).  It was the saddest thing to see her crying and covered in throw up, she looked so scared and confused!  Matt took her into the bathroom to clean her up, but it was all in her hair and hurting her eye, so he gave her a bath while I cleaned up the mess.  I decided to let her sleep in our bed that night and I barely slept because I was afraid I was going to roll over her, and I kept waking up anytime she made a noise.  I'm so glad she doesn't sleep in our room or our bed, because I would get such bad sleep all the time, and I don't think she got very good sleep either.  All in all it made for a very interesting night, but I'm glad I wasn't at work!

We decided to play hooky from church and go to the Waffle Shop for breakfast instead, which was mega yummy!

I worked again Sunday night and it went better, I feel like I caught on a little bit better!!  We had a pretty good weekend, and it was great to see my parents!!

Don't forget to enter the giveaway, it ends tonight!!!

Comments

Popular Posts