Tuesday Tutorial: Holiday Tags

I am throwing a baby shower for my friend this weekend and while I was making some tags for the dessert bar, I figured I would show you all the easy tools I am using to make them! For editing pictures I usually use the website Picnik, and I love it! It has a free option, but I decided to buy the premier package for $24.95 a year so that I had more options with it.  Let's get started
For this project you will need:

Materials:
Lollipop Sticks
Thick Paper (scrapbook)
Glue Gun
Glue Stick
Scalloped Paper Punch
Circle Paper Punch

It is not necessary to have the paper punches if you don't have them, you will just need to cut out the paper.

Start by opening up a "collage." I made mine 2 by 3, but with the basic plan you can only do 2 by 2.  Change the page color to white and press "done."

You will then be taken to the Edit page, click on Stickers and choose the stickers that you want to use, I used Thanksgiving themed stickers.  

I also made tags for some presents

I started with a rectangle and changed it to brown.

I then took another rectangle, changed it to white and put it on the inside of the bigger triangle, so it made a border.

I again used Thanksgiving themed stickers and added some text.  I love the way this one turned out.

Print them up onto a sheet of light colored thick paper.  For the small images, cut them into strips so the puncher can get around each image.  I simply cut the rectangles out with scissors.


Use the glue stick and glue the round onto the scalloped round.

Apply a strip of hot glue on the center back of the round, press one of the lollipop sticks into the glue and hold to set.  Apply glue to the back of the lollipop stick and press a second scalloped circle onto the glue (make sure you line up the images correctly).

You can use these in a cupcake, a tart, a pumpkin (as a place setting), or anything you want.

For the tag I glued it to a piece of ribbon and wrapped it around to pumpkin tartlets in a cello bag.

These would be perfect for Christmas tags for gifts and they would be customized to how you want them.

I'm linking up with:

Comments

  1. Robin Williams Celebrity Profile - Check out the latest Robin Williams photo gallery, biography, pics, pictures, interviews, news, forums and blogs at Celebrity Ping!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts