get the 411

So Becky, from the blog From Mrs. to Mama is hosting a link up today (she featured me last summer in her "Meet This Mama" series. The deal is is that we have to answer some questions about ourselves so that people know who we are...so that's what I'm going to do.  I am functioning on 2 hours of sleep and 2 cups of coffee right now, so here we go!

1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?


I started my first blog in 2008 as a way to show off the cakes I was making.  I started this blog in 2010 when I got pregnant, it was going to be used to document my pregnancy and such.  It has changed a great deal since then, for a while I was posting 5 days a week, with recipes, tutorials, updates on the child, etc.  When I started working graveyard (Starbucks), I just couldn't handle the pressure that I felt to post, which bums me out because I loved it (Becky, I don't know how you do it, girl)!  I so rarely post, it's pathetic!  I always strive to be better, but then I remember that my kid needs a diaper change, or the kitchen needs to be mopped, so this bliggity blog always takes the back burner.


2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?

Yes, kind of...I went to community college and studied culinary arts.  I finished a little more than 2 years of studies, but didn't finish my certificate because I'm lame/realized that I don't like to paid to cook, but I don't mind being paid to bake (oddest epiphany ever for me).  I loved culinary school, but it was definitely a full time job, one main class was 6 hours a day, Monday- Thursday...intense, but worth it!

3. Where have you traveled?

I have been to quite a few states in the US, Mexico (many times on missions trips with church), and Italy (also a missions trip, and it was amazing...sadly not much site seeing was able to be done).

4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?

If I won the lottery, I would first pay off our debt, I know that's not buying, but it wouldn't be worth it to me to buy other stuff before paying off our debt.  I would buy cars for Hubs and me (mine doesn't work, and his barely works), and then maybe a house.  I'd like to think that most of it would go in savings (after they took the portion for taxes, of course).

5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?

-Other employees at Starbucks/any customer service position that don't offer good customer service...I want to tell them, "dude, that customer that you were just rude to...yeah, they're paying your paycheck."  I just don't understand why people work in customer service jobs when they 1) don't like people, and 2) are big meanies!

-People coming in to the middle of a movie you're watching and asking questions the whole time because they haven't seen it....just go away and watch it later!!

-My inability to keep my house clean...I just am not the type of person that cares enough, and I HATE that about myself.  I want a clean home, I want to present myself well and I want my home to be a place that my husband comes home to everyday and is proud of his wife for keeping it so nice.  I also don't like it when people show up unexpectedly, and I feel like I have to apologize for my mess or not invite them in because of it.  Trust me, it's a daily battle with myself that I am constantly trying to win, and I hope and pray that someday I will win this battle!!

6. What is your favorite movie?

ummmm....for the longest time it was The Goonies (Goonies never say die)

but I don't think it's that anymore, but really, I have no idea.  Most of the time I'd rather watch an hour long tv show because it isn't so time consuming.  

7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?

I'm definitely a water girl, but I do love my coffee!!  I do choose water for almost every meal/occasion.  I enjoy soda, I think it's delicious, but I stopped drinking it a few years ago because it's just bad for people...but mmmm...diet dr. pepper...we were GOOD friends for a while.

8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?

Go to the gym, take walks with my husband, get pedicures...anything relaxing, really.

9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?

I'd want to make it go as far as it could, so probably Kohl's (I rarely shop there), because I could get cute clothes for all of us, but also household items, as well.  Or could we split it??  I'll take half at Kohl's and Hubs takes half at Home Depot?!?!  That would be ideal!

10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present.

I was working at a summer camp up in Washington a few years ago (well, 6, to be exact).  I was one of the characters in the theme video (we were hillbillies), and I was the tough sister with 3 hillbilly brothers.  One of the shots was supposed to be me doing pushups with all three of them on my back (or with video editing, it would appear that way).  I don't know what we were thinking, but we were actually going to do a shot of the three of them on my back.  Now, these were not small dude, they were each probably 180 lbs and pretty muscular.  One stood on my upper back, one on my lower back and the last was going to get on my thighs, or something, but as I tried to breathe, I accidentally let out a pretty loud  fart, laughed, and then peed my pants...you read that right, I peed my pants, at 22 years of age.  And these were all of course, cute boys.  They didn't let me live that one down all summer.

11. What day would you love to relive again?

I think, my wedding day.  There's just so many things that day that I did not take mental note of, and it's not on video at all.  

12. If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you?

don't do it...that'd be a lame movie!!

13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?

paper route (that was more forced upon me...family thing, everyone did it if we wanted to do any extracurriculars).

A Sweet Affair Bakery (senior year of high school, around the corner from my school, helped me gain 15 pounds, dang it).

Gap (my family had never been dressed so well)

Ghormley Meadow Christian Camp (2 summers of camping wonderland)

Starbucks (started with the company is 2005, and I'm still there)

Nanny (2 separate families, 2 separate occasions...one 10 member family (yeah, laundry from them on a monday...not my fav...over worked, under-payed, and then just one precious little girl named Grace...and I still miss her).

Washington Mutual (best paying job, but didn't pay enough for that line of work)

14. Show us a picture from high school or college.

My older brother Bob and me summer 2004, I just finished my first year of college.

my nephew Caleb, and me at Disneyland for his 5th birthday.

15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?

Europe, but the beach would have to be included somewhere in the trip, and an all inclusive resort for a few weeks would be thrown in there as well.

16. Show us the most current picture of you or you, or your family, or anything of meaning to you. 
This is our most recent family photo, but it's from February (I'll get on that).

this is from my brother in law and sister in laws wedding, so it's only a few weeks old, but we didn't get one of just the three of us.

17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?


In five years from now most of our debt, or at least the biggest things, will be paid off (PTL).  I don't necessarily see us owning a home by then, but I hope we will have another child by then.  We will be almost 33 and B will be almost 7 (eeep). I hope I won't be working nights by then, but we'll see.  In five from now, we will be close to celebrating 10 years of marriage. I'm very excited for the next five years, but I'm excited for every day with my little family.  Whatever God brings our way, I am excited for, He has blessed us so much!!


Want to join this awesome link up???  Do it!



Comments

  1. Oh my gosh I am the exact same way. I don't have my own home yet, but my room... my God my room. I WANT it to be clean so bad. But I just can't bring myself to do it. Once it IS clean, I am fairly certain I'll keep it that way.. it's just getting there that's the problem. Argh!

    Your family is so cute!

    Stopped by from Blogger 411.. love your blog! New follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts