Our Weekend Update {2}

Our weekend was interesting, to say the least.  As many of you know, I have a small cake business 
(Nine by Thirteen), and this weekend was one of the biggest orders I've ever done, 254 mini apple pies and a 6" wedding cake.  It doesn't sound like that much, but since each pie was so labor intensive, it ended up taking so much time.  The wedding was in the Bay Area, so I decided to work at my parents house which worked great.  My mom was able to help me with the pies after she was done with work, which took away some of the stress, but it was exhausting.  We got there on Wednesday and the wedding was on Saturday.  

It was a rustic themed wedding, and it was rustic to the max.  Jenny (the bride) did everything for the wedding herself and it was gorgeous!

On Friday night, Brooklynne went with my parents over to a local coffee shop to listen to my sisters brother in law play some music, and apparently she loved it!  My mom said she kept kicking her legs to the music, and everyone loved holding her. 


B and I left on Saturday afternoon to drive back to Modesto.  I had arranged a babysitter for Saturday, so Matt and I went on our first date without Brooklynne and it was wonderful!  
We went to BJ's, which we both love and had a delightful time.  


We had church on Sunday and didn't do a whole lot the rest of the day.  I'm so glad this weekend is over, but despite the huge amounts of stress, it was a pretty good weekend!

Comments

  1. I hope you did the 2 for $20... AMAZING deal & super delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome!! I love date nights too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts