Recipe: Pumpkin Spice Madeleines

You know the little cookies they have at Starbucks in the packages next to the cash register, husband loves them (I kinda do too)!  A recipe for them was in the Martha Stewart Living magazine last month, and I happen to have a madeleine pan, so I decided to make them, and since I still have pumpkin leftover from the pumpkin spice lattes and pumpkin cream cheese muffins, I decided to make them pumpkin spice instead of vanilla.  They turned out super delicious, and husband loved them too!


You don't have to use a madeleine pan for these (they wouldn't be madeleines though).  I tried a mini cupcake pan as well, and they baked just fine.  


Crack the eggs into a bowl and add the white and brown sugars.  Beat on high until it has tripled in size and is fluffy and light in color.  

In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice and whisk until combined.

Sift the flour mixture over the eggs in two batches, and gently fold the flour into the eggs until combined. 

Mix the melted butter with the pumpkin, honey and vanilla and fold it into the egg and flour mixture.  Spoon it into a piping bag or zip top bag and fill your greased mold 3/4 of the way full.

Whisk together the milk powdered sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.  Dip each cookie, scalloped side down into the glaze and hold over the bowl to let excess glaze drip back into the bowl.  Place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet and allow to dry.


Go make some pumpkin spice madeleines and enjoy it with a pumpkin spice latte!

Pumpkin Spice Madeleines

Ingredients

  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
  • 4 large eggs, room temperature
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar
  • 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted, plus more, softened, for pans
  • 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon honey
  • 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tablespoon butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla

  • Directions
  1. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and teaspoon salt in a medium bowl.
  2. Whisk together eggs and granulated and brown sugars with a mixer on high speed until pale and fluffy, about 10 minutes. Sift flour mixture over top in 2 additions, folding in after each addition. Combine melted butter, and pumpkin. Fold in melted butter in 2 additions, then honey and vanilla. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 2 hours.
  3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Let batter stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Spray your pans with cooking spray.
  4. Transfer batter to a pastry bag or zip top bag, and snip the end to create a 1/2-inch opening. Pipe batter into molds, filling each about three-quarters full. Bake on middle rack until pale brown, 8 to 11 minutes (6 to 8 minutes for mini madeleines). Immediately shake madeleines out. Wash and regrease molds. Repeat with remaining batter. 
  5. In a separate bowl combine the powdered sugar, milk, pumpkin pie spice, butter and vanilla and beat until smooth
I'm linking up with:

Comments

  1. Hey!
    you just became a follower of my blog! YAY! Thank you, I am returning the favor! I have a linky party on Tues. (new this week) I'm going to leave it up for a week at a time for a few weeks so if you want to link up some of your yumminess...please do! http://mushkiloves.blogspot.com/2011/09/mushki-loves-my-stuff-party-1.html

    AND tomorrow I am starting a blog hop...the post isn't up for that yet, but I would love it if you wanted to join in on that too!

    Have a great day!

    Hope to see you there!
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look wonderful! I'm printing this recipe and putting it on my fridge to remind myself to buy one of those pans! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just stumbled across your blog and have been soaking up your recipes. I love them. I do have a question for you though - in some of the recipes (like this one) you have some fantastic pans (like for the madeleines, tartlets, etc). Where do you get good quality pans like that? I love kitchen items, but since we've been on a tight budget, I have refrained from looking at temptation. Now that we have a little bit of extra spending money, I'm not even sure where to look. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At the top of this post you say 6 eggs, but in the bottom list, you say 4 eggs.....so, do you use 6 or 4? :) Jen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts