Since I blogged about what I packed in Cooper's hospital bag, I figured I might as well blog about Matt's bag and what I packed as thank you gifts for the nurses. I'll start with Matt's bag.
I figured a backpack would make it easiest on him!
Here's the contents:
1. Blanket - The blankets and general sleeping arrangements for husbands in the postpartum room generally sucks. This is a really soft blanket and pretty big, so he can double it if necessary. I will also be bringing his pillow in the car (if I remember), so he can attempt sleep.
2. Clothes - I packed one pair of shorts and two t-shirts. Also packed, but not pictured, a hooded sweatshirt and pajama pants (he uses his pajamas every day)
3. Undergarments - these could have been categorized with number two, but I'm weird. I packed two pairs of underwear and socks.
4. Toiletries - deodorant, face wash, shampoo, soap, toothbrush (we'll share a toothpaste because I'm cheap), and three Emergen-c's (I don't want us getting sick in the hospital).
I also packed a water bottle and a book to entertain when his iPad isn't entertaining enough for him and we don't have guests.
Thank You Gifts
Now on to our Thank you gifts for the nurses! Last time I baked cookies, then felt super awkward giving them home baked things (not sure why), so I ended up feeding them to our guests (and myself). This time I made little gifts to give to each nurse. My friend recommended 2 for labor and delivery nurses and 3-4 for postpartum (since I don't know how long labor will be, or at what time, and I don't know how long we'll stay afterward). I got everything from Target, and I'm quite pleased with how they turned out.
The completed gift
1. Granola Bar
2. Crystal Light single
3. Hair Ties
4. Mini pack of gum (B picked bubble gum because it's pink)
5. Hand Sanitizer
6. Sparkling Cranberry Pomegranate Juice (t's really yummy)
These are packed in this bag, along with a few other things
1. Brooklynne's Big Sister Bag - Cooper's gift to her when she comes to meet him (I will do a separate post about that bag).
2. Nurse Thank you gifts
3. Extra Crystal Light - for husband and guests
4. Lollipops - Tootsie Roll Pops and Blow Pops. I had these last time, and it was nice for guests to have a little something.
5. Granola Bars - Again, for guests that come to visit.
I also plan on giving my midwife a gift, but I haven't decided what yet. So, what do you think of Matt's bag and the thank you's? Leave me a comment.