What's in My Hospital Bag

I leave today to drive out to Modesto, and I'll be staying there with my in-laws until the baby comes.  It's kind of crazy because this means he is due soon, I'm officially 38 weeks today (feel free to come anytime, Coop).  All of our bags are packed, and I'm excited to show you all what I have packed in mine.

My Hospital Bag


1. Suitcase - This is actually Brooklynne's bag, but it was spacious enough, without being too huge.

2. Almonds - I wanted to bring any easy snack with me to have after delivery and for Matt to be able to have.  These are from Trader Joe's, they're the roasted and lightly salted kind, my favorite!

3. Rattles - These are what Brooklynne is giving to Cooper when he's born, they're the type that will hang from his carseat, and she;s very excited about them.

4. Brooklynne's Hospital Outfit - I told you all about the outfit that my bestie got for Cooper and B, so this is what she'll wear to visit him at the hospital.

5. Baby Book, Birth Plan, Magazine, FoxTrot Comic Book, Notebook - The baby book is for if they're willing to stamp his hand print and footprint in it (we didn't do this with B). Birth plan...obvious. Magazine is for downtime after the baby is born. Comic book - FoxTrot is my favorite and it was only $2! Notebook - for writing down nursing times, or any gifts people bring, or anything I need to write down.

6. Flip Flops - for walking around the hospital, but also if I get a room without a shower, I'll need these for using the communal shower.

7. Makeup Bag - This will be one of the things I put in before I go to the hospital since I use it every day.

8. Labor Bag - I will detail this below.

9. Extra Toiletries - Also detailed below.

10. Belly Bandit and Belly Bands - the first is an elastic band that velcro's tight around the waist to help shrink the uterus, and offer support. I didn't use this with B, but I have heard a lot of good things from people who have used them. They're common with c-sections. The belly bands are just for extra support if I need it.

11. Nursing Tank Tops - these are the Gilligan O'Malley brand for Target.  I like them because they're longer than some other brands I've used before. I packed two of these and I'm assuming I will be wearing them in the hospital the whole time.

12. Nursing Bras - One Nursing sports bra, Two nursing bras, also Gilligan O'Malley. One has underwire and the other does not.  A friend posted on Facebook a few weeks ago asking of r nursing bra recommendations, and this is the brand she got the most recs. for.  I used Motherhood Maternity nursing bras with B and HATED them (the underwire came out on every one I had). The nursing bra, however, is Motherhood Maternity, and it's my favorite.

13. Toiletries - Shampoo, Conditioner, body wash, face wash and deodorant...the necessities.

14. Socks and Underwear - I bought a pack of underwear for the hospital....no sense in running my regular underwear.

15. Going Home Outfit - I chose my cute maternity maxi skirt and a nice coral tank.  I want to look nice, but I want something stretchy!

16. Pajamas - I used to wear these two nightgowns when I was overweight.  They're really comfy, and have buttons up the front which will help for breastfeeding.

17. Nursing Cover - For when I have to nurse while we have guests.

18. Hair Dryer and Straightener - The dryer is in the bag now, since I can use my mother in laws for the time being, but the straightener, along with the makeup will go in the bag right before we leave.

Not pictured - Yoga pants (I'll live in them at the hospital), sweatshirt (zip up hoodie).

Extra Toiletries



1. Bag - Forever 21

2. Nursing Pads - Lanisonoh brand.  My bestie suggested these, and I just happened to get a sample at Target, so I'm packing them. They're disposable, and have an adhesive strip on the back to prevent them from sliding around.

3. Washable Nursing Pads - Depending on how I end up feeling about the Lansinoh brand ones, I may not use these. But I like having back up, so these are good.

4. Prenatal Vitamins, Tylenol - Just because I won't be pregnant anymore doesn't mean I get to stop taking my vitamins, I will definitely need them while breastfeeding. 

5. Toothbrush and Toothpaste - I use an electric toothbrush at home and didn't want to worry about packing it.  This one can just be thrown away when I'm leaving the hospital.

6. Eucerine Dry Skin Cream - just in case I need a bit of lotion.


Labor Bag

So, this bag is in my hospital suitcase, but it's specifically for while I'm laboring at the hospital. It will help make Matt's life easier, I can just have him bring that bag to me.

1. Bag - from Forever 21 (I love their makeup bags)

2. Emergen-C - I also packed 3 of these in Matt's bag, because I don't want us getting sick!

3. Red Raspberry Leaf Tea - I steep this over water then add ice.  It is said to help with labor, strengthening the uterus, and lots of other things.  I have been drinking it almost daily since 35 weeks.  I use this brand, and I got it from Target.  I enjoy it plain with ice, but you could add raw honey to it if you like a sweeter tea.

4. Crystal Lite Packets - These are the leftovers from the nurses thank you gifts, and Matt loves both of the flavors (raspberry ice and peach tea), so I thought they'd be nice to have for him, and then he can use them in postpartum as well.

5. Raisins - high in sugar for if I need a quick pick me up during labor, keeping your blood sugar up is so important.  I'm hoping to pick up some dates, or coconut rolled dates from Sprouts to add to the bag.

6. Tissues - for my emotional husband. HAHAHA, I'm hilarious, he's really not at all (in 8 years I've never seen him cry). I had them, so I packed them...they're nicer than the hospital ones.

7. Bobby Pins - for my bangs.

8. Head Bands - if I decide I don't want to use the bobby pins.

9. Chapstick - the hospitals are so dry.

10. Gum - I do realize that I have 3 different kinds, I just don't know what kind I'll want (if I even want any), but it will help in keeping my mouth moist.

11. Date Bar - I have a few more of these packed.  They have a descent amount of protein, but again, they're high in sugar.

12. Comfy Socks - Warm and cozy just in case my feet get cold during labor.


Other posts like this:





Also, today is our 8 year anniversary...of being together.


Comments

Popular Posts