12 Weeks Old!

At 12 weeks old my baby sleeps, eats, poops, rolls over, talks, gets fixated on things, and loves Daddy time!  She's 10 pounds 11 ounces, and growing more every day.  The doctor is very pleased with her growth, and so am I!  I don't mind that she's littler than some other kids her age, it just means clothes last longer.  She's sleeping 11 hours a night, and eating 5 times a day, with 3-4.5 hours between feedings, and her doctor is beyond impressed with that!  We love that she's sleeping in her crib, it definitely makes a difference in her sleeping and in ours.  She loves her Minnie Mouse stuffed animal, getting her diaper changed, taking showers with us, being swaddled and singing Silent Night with me (it's the cutest thing ever).  Our little girl is more of a blessing than I ever thought possible, we are such a blessed family!




We went to the doctor today because B has had a bump and red spot on her head for a little over a month now, and some people were worried.  On April 3rd I was making banana bread before church, and B was crying if I put her down, so I was holding her.  I had to get the vanilla extract out of the cabinet (not organized at all), and a plastic spice jar fell down and hit B on her head, right on the edge of her soft spot (bad mommy).  She cried a little, but got over it quickly.  The next day I looked at her head and there was a large goose egg and a big red spot.  I anticipated that it would go away in a few days, but at her 2 month appointment it was still there, so I asked her doctor about it, and she said not to worry about it.  Well, when a month passed and it was still there, my mom said I should take her to the doctor.  So I called and scheduled an appointment to get it checked out.  Her doctor said it is a capillary hemangioma, which is a completely normal thing and it was totally coincidental that it happened after her head bonk, it would have happened anyways.  She said it can go away within a few months, or a few years, but should be gone by the time she's in elementary school.  Luckily it's under her hair!  By the way, excuse my stupid, funny looking thumb, it's short and squatty.


Comments

  1. I had a hemangioma when I was little...people thought my mom dropped me on my head!! BTW...I love Brooklynne's hair color...brown, blonde and red all rolled into one!! so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phoebe Snetsinger Celebrity Profile - Check out the latest Phoebe Snetsinger photo gallery, biography, pics, pictures, interviews, news, forums and blogs at Celebrity Ping!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts