Button Monogram: A Tutorial



I've been wanting to make a gallery wall in our house, but I don't just want pictures in it, so I made a monogram to go up on the wall as well, and thought I would show you how to make one as well.

Materials:

Picture Frame
Felt to fit frame
Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Assorted buttons


I bought a frame from Goodwill and painted it with aqua acrylic paint, but left it with a little of the frame showing through.  


Trace around the backing of the frame onto your piece of felt.


Cut around the line, trimming excess felt


At this point, you can free hand your letter, which is what I did, or you can print out a letter in your desired font from your computer and trace that onto the felt.


Arrange the buttons in the way you want them to look.


Using your hot glue, place a small string of glue around the button, but not on the holes.


Once all the buttons are in place, put your glass back in, followed by the felt and then the frame backing.  Stand back and admire your beautiful work!!

I'm linking up with:

 
The DIY Show OffThe Girl CreativeBWS tips button

Thirty Hand Made Days

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts