husband

As Matt was reading the blog a few days ago, he commented on how he's not on the blog all that often, so I'm going to tell you all a little about my amazing husband.  

Matt was born on January 25th, 1985, and I am so glad.  He's the oldest of three boys.  I met him when we were both 13 at one of my dads conferences, but we never actually talked.  I lived in the Bay Area and he lived in the Central Valley, so I would see him a few times a year at camps and conferences when I would go to help my mom cook.  There was a lot of boys at these things, but I always thought he was the cutest one, I also thought he was too good for me.  I loved when his group was on dish duty, and I would try to bring all the dishes to the dish room hoping that I would get to give them to him and maybe make eye contact with those big blues. 

Time passed, and I got a Myspace {does anyone have those anymore}, I was looking at my friends page and saw on his "top friends" list a picture of a boy I recognized, I don't think I ever actually knew his name, but he had his profile set to his "gamer tag," so I really didn't recognize his name, but added him anyways.  We started messaging each other, trying to get to know each other a little bit more, and these messages became the most exciting part of my day.  I was a nanny in Southern California at the time, and I would get to their house around 7:30, she would go down for a nap around 9, and I would go downstairs and read the message he sent me, then reply.  When he would get home at night, he would read my message and reply.  Our messages would be chapters long.  He would answer the questions I asked, and then ask me questions, and I would reply with answers and ask him more questions.  We ended up getting to know each other very well, and I developed a HUGE crush on him!  

I was going home to visit my family for Easter, and we were going to go on a hiking trip, so my mom told me to invite him (I didn't think he'd want to go), so I did, and he said that he wanted to (our first date was with my entire family).  He met all my siblings, and for some reason wasn't scared away by my crazy family.  He drove me to the airport that night (I was so nervous in the car), and I went back to So Cal.  The next day while on the phone with him, he asked me if I wanted to "change my status" (on Myspace you could set your status to single, in a relationship, married....), which was his way of asking me to be his girlfriend.  I of course said yes, and entered into my very first relationship on April 18, 2006. 

We dated long distance for the next 10 months; me going up to visit him in Modesto, or him coming down to visit me in Newport Beach.  I moved to Washington to work at a camp for the summer, so I didn't see him for 3 months, then I moved to Humboldt County with my sister and brother in law.  On a trip to visit him in So Cal (he had moved to go to school), we went to Malibu to hang out on the beach in the morning, and after hanging out for a little while, he wrote in the sand "WYMM" (will you marry me) and asked me to marry him.  After a little while of me being too excited to remember to say yes, I said yes on February 17th, 2007.

We were engaged for 10 months and got married on December 29th, 2007 in the church that I grew up in.  

Okay, this post was supposed to be about him, but it became about us, OOPS, and it's already too long.  Let me just end it by saying that I married the man of my dreams.  I truly lucked out in marrying my very first boyfriend, the first boy I loved, the first boy I kissed.  Matthew is amazing, he's hardworking, kind, loving, gentle, and so funny.  That man makes me laugh more than anybody, and can always make me smile.  He is truly an incredible father to our daughter, and I absolutely fall more and more in love with him every day, especially when I watch the two of them together.  He loves to play with her and make her laugh.  What a blessed mama and wife I am, and I couldn't be happier!

And since every post NEEDS a photo, here's an amazing one!!


Comments

Popular Posts